The party met with the leader of the group of gnolls. Their representative, Skorpa, demanded weaponry and armor, as was promised. The Gnolls also asked for the promised assistance back out near the Gnollish villages. Balasar promises his assistance, and claims that the party will leave at first light.
Ren and Boosh interrogate the Quadruple Amputee Troll (who the group has recently given the name Russel). The group learn that trolls hate Boosh, and that there is a Mother Troll in the base of the mountain. It appears their numbers are in the hundreds, and they hate Boosh. Also the trolls seem to think about themselves as a collective of sorts, they refer to themselves as the legion, and they hate Boosh. Also, the trolls hate Boosh, like, a lot.
Narder came with a final will and testament claiming rights to all of Wartooth's belongings. The party Attorney displayed a parchment which contained a duel agreement, that acts as a final will and testament, that stated that all weapons and armor upon Wartooth's person would be forfeit to the victor, in the assumption that he lost his duel. This Duel agreement was signed by both combatants, Wartooth and Balasar, as well as witnesses, Cyren, Elana, Ren, and the beloved scout – Lefty Righthand. Narder accused the party of falsifying documents, and proclaimed that that signature on the duel agreement doesn't match that of Harald wartooth, being his personal attorney, he would know the signature better than anyone. General Maximillian berated the parties' attorney and claimed there would be a full investigation. He also shared some unfriendly words with the parties attorney regarding his disrespectful tone towards a superior, and claimed that it would be wise not to show his face around camp again.
The Party's Paladin, Balasar, held a Company meeting of the officers and high ranking non-commisioned officers. This meeting was held in the commanders tower, which is in fact not a tower, but a tent, which nearly burnt down with the party in it. Nonetheless, items discussed and actions arising from this meeting are as follows.
1) The mercenary company needs to maintain it's numbers, and prevent men from heading north to fight in the war in the desert, which is vastly more lucrative. Cyren and Elana were charged with this task. Both went off to secure the assistance from an allied organization, the Ladies of the Evening. The women went to work convincing the soldiers that there was more money, and more women here to fight for. The ladies of the evening were successful on this front, but failed their secondary task, digging a new Latrine pit.
2) Boosh was tasked with locating and facilitating the safe return of Tillamook, the battlemage, who is located at the large staircase. Before Boosh was able to achieve this goal, the decision was made that the Company would march, as a unit, to the staircase and down into the valley, thus negating the need for Boosh's task.
3) Ren was tasked with pressing Balasar's claims to Wartooth's personal belongings. Ren went and had a brief conversation with Narder, and was able to convince him that the new will was indeed legitimate. Narder recognized the final name on the will as the company scout, Lefty Righthand. Given that Narder trust's Lefty, he spoke with him and concluded that the will and testament was legitmate . Afterwards Ren retired to his tent for the evening. <u>This event actually panned out differently, however, only Ren is aware of the changes. Ren banished Narder to another plane of existence, and then proceeded to pass himself off as Narder, informing others that he was leaving to return to the city, never to be seen or heard from again. Ren then disguised himself as one of his alter-ego's and wandered around the camp.</u>
4) Balasar decided that he would gather the necessary information and ask Maximillian for additional aide to assist with destroying the Troll menace. Before the meeting, Narder went and spoke with Balasar and apologized for disbelieving his claim to the belongings of Wartooth. Afterwards, he advised that he was heading to Tuaca, in the event Balasar ever needed to speak with him again.
5) One of the mercenaries, Brown, asks the party to look after his friend, Fisheye, who was mauled in the basement of the Outpost by what he claims was a Yeti. The group isn't fond of Yeti's and shrugs this information off.
6) Balasar provides a list of details and paperwork that need to be handled by the Auxillary Commander, Elana. Elana, being a master of delegation, delegates this task to Boosh. The two get into a spat, and the paperwork is never handled.
The party reconveined and Balasar led a small group to meet with Maximillian. At the meeting, Maximillian advised the group that he was unwilling to provide support in the form of additional money or troops. Maximillian caved to reason and provided 12 of his personal guard to assist with the forward party, after being pressured by Skorpa, Balasar, and the company scout Lefty Righthand.
Baknal nearly converts one of the whores into a follower, presumably with the use of a lightning rod…
The party has recruited two young mercenaries, who will act as Balazar's personal squires.
First thing in the morning the Party sets out, lead by Balasar, who is riding one of the only three horses in the company. Followed by Elana, Cyren, Baknal, Boosh, Reed, Phira, Ren – atop his mighty steed, and Balasar's 2 new squires (unbeknownst to him) – Ryan and Todd (Toddric) – who were on loan by maximillain. Behind them was the remainder of the mercenary forces, plus the 10 additional soldiers from Maximillains personal Guard. The group met up with Tillamook and proceeded down the steps to the valley floor.
The group halts at the base of the staircase to setup a way fortress of sorts, a small series of tents with some wooden spikes to provide some form of protection. Todd and Ryan and tasked with digging a new Latrine Pit. The two work the day away digging the most glorious pit that Balasar has ever seen.
Boosh, being native to this land, volunteers to scout out ahead. Ren volunteered the use of his steed, The mighty Pegasus – Steve. Boosh opted out of the assistance, as he is untrained in the art of riding a horse, let alone a winged one. During his scouting, Boosh found multiple bodies that had been eaten by the local giant spiders, as well as a freshly killed Gnoll. Upon returning to the party with this information, the party makes haste to the nearest Gnoll Village, Warm Den.
Upon arrival, they find village to be overrun by nearly 3 dozen trolls. In an instant, lightning bolts, fireballs, and crossbow bolts rain down from the sky on the trolls. The paladin on his beloved horse charges into battle, followed by two dagger wielding rogues, a monk, and his two, would be squires. The battle cry is sounded, "IS HE LOOKING AT US?" " WERE GOING TO BE FAMOUS!"
In a matter of moment's the troll force is dealt with. The gnoll village has been liberated, with 3 casualties. Balasar performs a miracle, or possibly basic medical attention, and brings one of the nearly dead mercenaries back from the brink. The mercenaries cheer, and Balasar accepts that one miracle is enough for this day, thus condemning the remaining 2 mercenaries to their eternal rest.